Rules Of Celebration Sports Club
I - GENERAL
- The following provisions shall be referred to as the Rules of Celebration Sports Club, and shall be subject to the changes as decided by the Managing Committee from time to time.
- A copy of these rules will be available at the Reception Desk for reference.
- All Members of the Club shall be deemed to be aware of all changes made from the time they are first posted on the Notice Board of the Club. Material changes in rules will be communicated via email as provided by the Member.
- Any question as to the interpretation or administration of the Rules shall be decided by the Managing Committee, whose decision shall be final and binding on the Members.
- The names of Members of all Sub Committees appointed by the Managing Committee shall be available in the Club Office.
- All timings given in these Rules will strictly be adhered to. The Managing Committee reserves the right to change these timings. The staff will not be requested to remain beyond the scheduled hours nor will the club or any other part of it be kept open beyond the timings laid down except for specified occasional circumstances.
- The charges for various facilities will change from time to time. Members are advised to ascertain the charges for the facilities they choose to use
from the reception.
- Complaints or suggestions should be made to the CEO/Secretary only in writing. A complaint cum Suggestion book is available at the Reception.
- Outside Food and Beverages including Alcoholic Beverages and other consumables are not permitted to be brought into the Club.
II - ENTRY INTO THE CLUB
- Members must swipe their cards and in the event the machine is not working they take the slip of their Membership No. from the Reception desk, before entering the Club. Similarly, whenever a Member introduces a guest / guests, he / she must give full name of the guest at the Reception Desk and pay the guest charges and take the receipt before entering the premises.
III - CLUB & OFFICE HOURS
- All different activities in the Club premises closes at 10.30 P.M. except Restaurant & Bar which shall function till 11.30 P.M. on all days.
- All Members shall ensure that they leave the Club premises before the closing time. The Club staff/security has been instructed to report the names of those Members who contravene these Rules.
- No person who is not well received in general society and who is debarred from the Club shall be introduced as a guest.
IV - MINIMUM DRESS REQUIREMENT
- Members and their guests are required to maintain an appropriate standard of dress on all occasions. The Managing Committee specifies minimum dress standards from time to time. At present :-
- Entry into the Club is not permitted in Night Suits, Lungis or loose Pyjamas. National dress suitably pressed may be allowed.
- Gents wearing shorts, singlets, sandow banian, sleeveless shirt, track suit and soiled or sweaty clothes are not allowed in the Bars, Dining Rooms, Banquets, Bridge Room and Billiards.
- Ladies wearing soiled or sweaty clothes are also not allowed in the above mentioned areas.
- Rubber/Hawaii chappals or Bathroom slippers are not permitted anywhere, in the Club except around the swimming pool area.
V - CHANGE IN MEMBER'S FAMILY DETAILS
- Any change, such as address, phone nos. mobile nos. of all family members, e-mail addresses, birth, death, marriage, divorce, adoption or any other change in a Member's family must be communicated to the Club with the relevant documents, within three months of the occurrence.
VI - GUESTS
- A Member and/or his/her spouse may introduce guests subject to such rules and Bye-laws and on payment of such charges as may from time to time be prescribed by the Managing Committee. Members shall, in every case, pay the charges for such entertainment and shall be responsible for their guest's observance of the rules of the Club including dress restrictions.
- Persons introduced as guests must be such as those who would normally be eligible for Membership of the Club. No Member shall introduce to the Club, any person whose presence has previously been adjudged by the Managing Committee to be undesirable or whose Membership has been cancelled for any reason.
- In no circumstances shall any guest be permitted to order, sign or pay for any supplies.
- The Member introducing a guest shall be responsible for the conduct and behavior of the guest.
- The Member and / or his spouse introducing a guest/guests shall have to remain present along with his guests throughout the period such guests remain within the Club premises.
- A person shall not be introduced as a guest for more than four times in a calendar month, except in the bridge room and for kitty parties.
- If a person has already been introduced as a guest four times in any calendar month by one or more Members, no other member shall introduce the same person as a guest in the same calendar month.
- A maximum of six guests can be introduced on all days.
VII – CHILDREN
- A child for the purpose of these Rules is a person who has not reached 18 years of age.
- Children below 7 years are not permitted to introduce guests.
- All children must be in possession of their ID Cards and produce the same whenever asked for.
- Children below 7 years of age are not allowed / permitted in the Club except for Members' children within the stipulated timings accompanied by an adult.
- Children below 7 years of age are permitted only when accompanied by an adult in case of any organized functions and classes.
- Children of all ages must maintain discipline and follow the rules and regulations of the club.
VIII- ROLLER SKATES, ETC. ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE CLUB PREMISES. WHEEL CHAIRS WHERE REQUIRED ARE PERMITTED. HOWEVER, MEMBERS MAY PARK THEIR BI-CYCLES IN THE AREAS DESIGNATED BY THE MANAGING COMMITTEE FROM TIME TO TIME & ROLLER SKATES SHALL ONLY BE PERMITTED DURING SKATING CLASSES HELD IN THE CLUB PREMISES.
IX - MEMBERS GUESTS AVAILING OF ANY OF THE SPORTS FACILITIES MUST SIGN THEIR GUESTS NAMES AGAINST THEIR OWN MEMBERSHIP NUMBER BEFORE COMMENCING USE OF THE PARTICULAR FACILITY.
X - COACHES, INSTRUCTORS, TRAINERS, MARKERS ETC.
- The club has engaged the services of Coaches, Instructors, and Trainers etc. for the various sports facilities for use by the Members and their guest. Members utilizing their service must sign/swipe their cards for the same before commencing use.
Direct arrangement with any of them for private / personal coaching, instruction or training without the prior written permission of the Club is strictly prohibited.
XI - CLUB PROPERTY
- Members shall pay for all articles of Club property lost, broken, and damaged by themselves, their guests or their children. The amount to be charged in each case shall be determined by the Managing Committee, at their sole discretion.
- Members, their guests or children found removing any Club property will be subject to severe disciplinary action, including penalty.
XII - PERSONAL PROPERTY
- The Club shall not be responsible for any loss of or damage to property of Members or their guests, including property in the lockers.
- Members are requested not to leave behind their valuables unattended i.e., Mobile phones, Purses, Wallets, Gold ornaments, Spectacles, Watches etc. whilst they are playing games or in any other areas of the Club. The Club/Catering staff will not be responsible for any articles, which have been lost or misplaced. Members are requested to keep their valuable articles in their own possession and safe custody.
XIII - CONSUMPTION OF FOOD & BEVERAGES
- Food, Soft Drinks, Beverages and all consumables, in general, are permitted to be served/eaten in the designated are within the club premises.
- Liquor is not allowed to be carried out of the Bars.
XIV - MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, SINGING ETC.
- Musical instruments, radios, tape recorders and transistors or any other instruments shall not be used in any part of the Club's premises.
- Except for private parties for which accommodation has been specifically booked and for Club events, no music singing, cheering or speeches are allowed in the Club.
- Photography and video shooting is not allowed inside the Club premises except in the authorized areas for parties after the stipulated time. The focus of the video light or any other strong light shall not be in the direction of the Clubhouse or swimming area.
- Photography or video recording on mobile phones not allowed in the club premises.
- At Club functions, photography or video shooting is permitted only by the official photographer.
XVI - NO SMOKING AREAS
- Smoking is not allowed in club premises. Smoking shall only be permitted in specific open areas as decided by the Managing Committee from time to time. Any person found violating this rule would be fined Rs.500/- per incident.
XVII - NOTICES & POSTERS
- Except Club notices, no notices may be displayed in the Club notice board.
XVIII - RESERVATION OF CLUB PREMISES
(Mini Banquet, Multipurpose Hall, Club ground, Poolside area, Terrace, Basement)
- Members and their guest may book the Mini Banquet, Multipurpose Hall, Club ground, Poolside area, Terrace and Basement for all days subject to availability.
- Political functions and speeches are not permitted.
- All requirements of catering and decoration used for the occasion or function shall be arranged only from the Club Caterers / Contractors.
- When any of the above parts of the Club premises are engaged under these rules, the Managing Committee may close the same for normal use for such period(s), as they may deem expedient.
- The charges for the usage of such facilities are for time slots as prescribed for such facilities.
- The person booking space for functions must ensure that activity conducted are legal in nature and does not violate any prevailing rules on law of land. The person would be solely responsible for any legal action taken by any authority during / after the function, due to any incident happening during the period of his / her booking and further undertakes to indemnify / continue to indemnify the Celebration Sports club (SNLCCHSA Ltd.) for all such litigations.
- Booking will be treated as confirmed only after the full payment is made.
- Person booking for any of the above areas must ensure that their guests remain within the party area. Party guests moving into other areas of the Club is not permitted and if found will be fined Rs.500/- per person.
- Members can make a booking for a 6 hour period only. However, the same Member will be permitted to make another booking for a second 6 hours period at the additional charge in case the area is not booked by another Member and falls within the Club timings.
- No food or drinks and beverages will be brought into the Club from outside.
- The Member hosting the party will be responsible for any legal issue arising during or after the function from any Government authorities should be settled by the party booking the venue. The Celebration sports club will not be responsible / liable for any violations by the booking party or his / her guests in any manner, whatsoever.
- Rates of charges for a 6 hour booking will be inclusive of consolidated Guest Charges.
- Statutory Taxes will be levied extra wherever applicable.
- Maximum of 10% guests in excess of the original booking will be catered for. Charges will be levied accordingly.
XIX - PERMISSION TO SERVE LIQUOR
- Request for Liquor permission for the function, if required, must be made at least one week in advance. The Manager Club House may be contacted. However the bookings will be only confirmed if an advance payment is made as per rules within 24 hours of the booking. The payments are accepted only during the office working hours. One day permit is to be procured at members cost. Cancellation and Refund
- In the event of cancellation, the refund will be given as follows:-
- 25% of rent will be deducted from rent if the booking is cancelled 15 days before the function date.
- No refund of rent if cancellation is done less than 15 days before the function date.
- Room cancellation policy –
i. 25% to be deducted if booking is cancelled seven days prior to booking date.
ii. 50% to be deducted if booking is cancelled two days prior to booking date.
iii. No money will be refunded if the booking is cancelled one day prior to booking date.
XX - MEAL TIMINGS
- Timings of the Pantry service and all the restaurants shall be adhered to.
- The last order must be placed at least half an hour before closing time.
XXI - BAR TIMINGS
- Bar timings must be adhered to.
- Any Liquor supplied in the Bars must be consumed in the Bars within the timings fixed for closing.
- Liquor is not permitted to be carried out of the Bars.
- Persons below the age of 21 years are not allowed to enter any of the Bars or consume any liquor.
- After the closure of the Bars, Members and their guest are not permitted to remain in the lobby / club premises.
- Service of liquor / beer :- Liquor in the Bar is served to permit holders only. Non permit holders above 21 years of age can have Beer or wine.
XXII - PARKING
- Only meant for members having parking stickers.
- Every prime membership eligible for one parking sticker only for their owned car.
- Parking subject to availability of space on first cum basis.
- Random parking, double parking strictly not allowed. Fine of Rs.500/- will be levied on offenders.
- Guests parking strictly not allowed.
- Only limited number of parking as prescribed at the time of facilities booking allowed on the day of the function during the function hours.
- No parking for persons enrolling for specific facilities as allowed by the club.
XXIII - TEMPORARY AND PLAYING MEMBERSHIP
- The fees for temporary Membership shall be as decided by the Managing Committee.
- The fees for playing Membership shall be as decided by the Managing Committee.
IN ADDITION TO THESE GENERAL CLUB RULES, THE VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS /FACILITIES MAY POST A SPECIFIC SET OF RULES PERTAINING TO THAT FACILITY OR DEPARTMENT, THESE RULES TO BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH THOSE DEPARTMENTAL RULES.
THE MANAGEMENT OF THE CLUB WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DEATH, INJURY, LOSS, DAMAGE ACCIDENT OR THEFT TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY THAT MIGHT OCCUR ON THE PREMISES OF THE CLUB.
MEMBERS ARE TO ADHERE TO THE RULES, REGULATIONS AND GUIDELINES SET BY INDIVIDUAL FACILITIES FROM TIME TO TIME. ALL RULES MADE BY THE COMMITTEE FOR AREAS SUCH AS SWIMMING POOL, SQUASH, GYMNASIUM, BILLIARD ROOM, BRIDGE ROOM, ETC SHALL BE CONSIDERED A PART OF THESE RULES AND SHALL INVITE DISCIPLINARY ACTION IF VIOLATED UPON.
MISUSE OF MEMBERSHIP CARDS WOULD INVITE STRICT DISCIPLINARY ACTION INCLUDING SUSPENSION / CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP AS MAY BE DECIDED BY THE MANAGING COMMITTEE DEPENDING ON THE GRAVITY OF ACTION / CONDUCT OF MISUSE.
VIOLATION OF THESE RULES SHALL BE TAKEN UP BY THE DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE. A SHOW CAUSE NOTICE SHALL BE SENT TO ANY MEMBER IN VIOLATION. THE MEMBER IN VIOLATION SHALL BE GIVEN 14 DAYS TIME TO SUBMIT A SUITABLE REPLY. THEREAFTER ACTION SHALL BE TAKEN BY THE COMMITTEE WHICH MAY INCLUDE A MONETARY FINE AND / OR SUSPENSION OF THE MEMBERS UP TO ONE YEAR.
MEMBERS MAY PLEASE NOTE THAT FAILURE TO REPLY TO THE SHOW CAUSE NOTICE WITHIN THE STIPULATED TIME SHALL EMPOWER THE COMMITTEE TO TAKE EX-PARTE ACTION AGAINST THE VIOLATING MEMBER.